MACH 2020 may have been postponed until January 2021 but that doesn’t mean we’ve pulled the plug on the launch of the new Doosan machine tools and automation systems taking place on our stand at the event. Far from it.
Rather than wait to launch the technologies at a re-arranged MACH event occurring some time in the future, we have provided details (below) of the six new Doosan machines and our SYNERGi 25 automated manufacturing cell that were going to make their debuts at MACH 2020.
The machines and the automation system are now in our facility in Leamington – all prepared and ready for you to see.
The new Doosan DEM 4000 is a compact, high- performance vertical machining centre. Despite its relatively small footprint, the machine punches well above its weight and is packed with a range of productivity-enhancing features that include:
• a high-speed 7.5kW/8,000rpm spindle;
• 24m/min rapid rates (on all axes);
• a 16-20 position ATC;
• the Doosan Fanuc i control.
TT1300SYY and TT2100SYY
The new Doosan Puma TT 1300SYY (42/51mm bar diameter) and Puma TT 2100SYY (65/81mm bar diameter) twin-spindle, twin-turret turning centres have Y-axis capabilities on both their upper and lower turrets.
This dual Y-axis capacity makes the machines extremely versatile and ultra-productive:
• The twin turrets allow simultaneous OD and ID cutting on a part in the main spindle.
• Simultaneous milling and turning of components in the machine’s main and sub-spindle enables multiple finished parts to be completed in one cycle.
• Operations can be combined by machining one side of a part in the main spindle and finishing it in the sub-spindle.
That helps explain why demand for our Doosan DVF 5000, DVF 6500 and Doosan 8000 machines is so high.
Equipped with direct-drive spindles (up to 22kW/18,000rpm); up to 45m/min rapids; generous sized tool changers (up to 120 tools); integrated thermal compensation systems and the latest controls – Doosan DVF 5-axis machines help component manufacturers improve their productivity, performance…and profitability.
SYNERGi 25 Automated Manufacturing Cell
SYNERGi is the brand name of our flexible, automated manufacturing cells, and SYNERGi 25, denoting a 25kg robot payload capacity, is the name of a specific manufacturing cell we hold in stock for customers.
SYNERGi 25 automated cells are powered by our own (Mills CNC Automation) proprietary (SYNERGi) software and, at the heart of every system, is a sophisticated and intuitive HMI that incorporates a wide-range of quality control, monitoring and inspection features and capabilities.
SYNERGi 25 systems are versatile and scaleable, and can be integrated with Doosan lathes, machining centres and mill-turn machines.
They can also be custom designed and built to meet customer’s specific application requirements, and can be expanded to operate with more than one Doosan machine tool.
SYNERGI 25 automated cells are supplied, as standard, with:
- a high-capacity industrial robot
- an automated two-way draw system for stacking, storing and loading workpieces and machined components
- a 17” Touchscreen HMI
- an inspection and parts’ ejector conveyor
- an air blast end effector
- locating plates
- pneumatic 2 or 3 jaw grippers
- integrated SICK safety systems, and industrial robot fencing.
To find out more about our machine tools and automation systems – call Mills CNC on 01926 736736.