FeatureCAM – 2.5D Milling (Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain)
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 attendees.
Cost of course is £600.00 + VAT per attendee.
FeatureCAM is the unique CAD/CAM system that uses feature-based and knowledge-based technologies for automated machining, minimising programming times for milling machines, lathes, multi- tasking lathes, mill-turn centres and wire EDM machines.
At the Mills CNC Training Academy we offer 4 different FeatureCAM courses – FeatureCAM 2.5D Milling, FeatureCAM 2.5D Turning, FeatureCAM 3D Solid Milling and FeatureCAM 3D Solid Turning.
Applicants must already be well versed in Engineering and able to read Drawings. ISO Programming and a good understanding of Mathematics would be advantageous.
Specific course content includes:
- FeatureCam Part Wizard
- Stock Description Material, Size and Datum Setting
- Geometry Drawing, Points, Lines, Circles, Arcs, Fillets etc.
- Trim/Extend, Dimensions, Annotation
- Making Curves, Text
- Features for Milling, Part Features, Drilling, Threading, Grooving, Boring
- Simulation and Toolpaths with NC Code OutputEditing Tools, Speeds and Feeds etc.
- Customize Manufacturing
- Viewing in the Graphics Window
- Advanced Toolbar and Selecting Graphical Objects
- Importing Geometry using DXF Files etc.
- Geometry Drawing and Curves
- Transform, Translate, Rotate, Scale, Reflect
- Features for Tombstone Milling
- Creating Features Drilled, Holes Patterns etc.
- Milled Boss, Pockets and Irregular Shapes and Groups
- Manufacturing order
- Simulation and NC Code Viewing
- Saving your Work, Attributes, Operations Level
- Default Attributes
- Tool selection, Overrides, Tool manager and Cribs
- Post Processor Location and Editing Post Processor Information
- (Post Editing is covered on a separate course if required)
FeatureCAM Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields