As per the government guidelines, the spread of COVID-19 is most likely to happen when there is close contact with an infected person. Respiratory secretions produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes containing the virus are most likely to be the main means of transmission.
There are 2 main routes by which people can spread COVID-19:
infection can be spread to people who are nearby (within 2 metres) or possibly could be inhaled into the lungs
it is also possible that someone may become infected by touching a surface, object or the hand of an infected person that has been contaminated with respiratory secretions and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes
There is currently little evidence that people who are without symptoms are infectious to others.
Mills CNC is committed to protecting their employees, supply chain and the public, whilst also providing a continuing service to their customers. For this reason, we will expect the following points to be upheld by all who come in to contact with Mills CNC and/or its employees –
- Hygiene standards must be prioritised – regular and thorough hand washing, cleaning of equipment and working environment
- Travel disclosure regarding those who may have returned from badly effected countries/areas
- Customer visits to the Leamington site must be pre-booked and necessary
- Supplier visits to the Leamington sites will be accepted if essential and pre-booked – no cold callers will be permitted
- Deliveries to the Leamington site must be dropped outside the Goods Inward roller shutter door – no delivery drivers are permitted to enter the facility
As per NHS, symptoms of the virus are
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
Any employee will be instructed to get a test and self-isolate for 10 days (or until a negative test is received) if
- They have any symptoms, as listed above
- They have tested positive
- They live with someone who has symptoms or has tested positive
- Someone in their support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive
- They have been told by NHS Test and Trace that they’ve been in contact with a person with coronavirus
Keeping up to date with government guidelines and recommendations is of upmost importance. Mills CNC will be checking updates daily and amending this statement as necessary.
Leamington visitors risk assessment
You can view our risk assessment by clicking here.