Beginners CNC Lathes with Heidenhain Controls
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 attendees maximum.
Cost of course is £675.00 + VAT per attendee.
This course is for people looking to acquire the basic knowledge for a CNC programming career.
This is an entry level course and attendees do not need to be familiar with CNC machine tools or understand their layout and configuration. This will be described and shown to them during the course together with rudimentary knowledge of Heidenhain controls.
Specific course content includes:
- Introduction and review of a lathe and its layout
- General safety and best-practice instruction
- Overview of codes used in programming – i.e: G Codes, M Codes
- Understanding CNC programs – structure and content
- Explanation of Tool Change positions G14~G140
- Programming with absolute and incremental values
- Using Tool Editor with geometry and radius offsets
- Tool nose radius compensation and vector quadrants
- Rapid traverse and other feed-rate commands i.e. mm/rev and mm/min.
- Creating simple programs using simulation – and how to edit them
- Using multi repetitive cycles – G code and ICP Units
- Writing extended programs to also include sub programs and sub routines
Safety footwear and other PPE is NOT required for this course.
Beginner Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 3 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields