Beginners CNC Operator Course – Fanuc Control (Turning)
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 4 attendees.
Cost of course is £650.00 + VAT per attendee.
This course is for people looking to acquire the basic knowledge and skills to become a CNC Operator.
This is an entry level course. Attendees do not need to be familiar with CNC machine tools or understand their layout and configuration as this will be covered during the course along with an overview of Fanuc controls.
As a consequence, time will be spent ensuring that attendees understand the basics. These include:
- An introduction to a CNC Lathe
- Machining principles and some machining terminologies
- Axis configuration and the description Fanuc CNC control system
- An overview of cutting tools and tooling
- Setting tool geometries and wear offsets using probes
- Chuck work-holding: different methods and best-practice
- Boring out 3 Jaw Chucks setting stroke limits
- Manual Data Input (MDI): what it is
- Datum setting and adjustment
- CNC Programs – what they are, what they do
- Using over-rides and single block to safely prove out programs
- Trouble-shooting:tool wear, swarf clearance etc.
- Machine tool set-up and machining components
- General Health and Safety, and good housekeeping
Safety footwear and other PPE is required for this course.
Failure to have safety shoes will disqualify an attendee from participating on the course – and no refund will provided.
Beginner Operator courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields