BobCad – 2.5D Turning (Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain)
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 attendees.
Cost of course is £600.00 + VAT per attendee.
BobCad is a CAD/CAM system that uses Geometry, DXF and Solid Model Imports to easily make ISO code programs used to manufacture components of basic and complex shapes. The use of BobCad can assist in minimising programming times on CNC lathes.
At the Mills CNC Training Academy we offer 4 different BobCad courses – BobCad 2.5D Milling, BobCad 2.5D Turning, BobCad 3D Solid Milling and BobCad 3D Solid Turning.
Applicants must already be well versed in Engineering and able to read Drawings. Knowledge of ISO Programming and a good understanding of Mathematics would be advantageous.
Specific course content includes:
- Stock Description Material, Size and Datum Setting
- Geometry Drawing, Points, Lines, Circles, Arcs, Fillets etc.
- Trim/Extend, Dimensions, Annotation
- Making Curves, Text
- Turning, Part Features, Drilling, Threading, Grooving, Boring
- Simulation and Toolpaths with NC Code Output
- Editing Tools, Speeds and Feeds etc.
- Customize Manufacturing
- Viewing in the Graphics Window
- Advanced Toolbar and Selecting Graphical Objects
- Importing Geometry using DXF Files etc.
- Sub Spindle Working and Introduction to Twin Turret
- Geometry Drawing and Curves
- Transform, Translate, Rotate, Scale, Reflect
- C and Y axis Milling and Creating Holes and Pocket Patterns etc.
- Milled Boss, Pockets and Irregular Shapes and Groups
- Manufacturing order, Simulation and NC Code Viewing
- Saving your Work, Attributes, Operations Level
- Default Attributes
- Tool selection, Overrides, Tool manager and Cribs
- Post Processor Location and Editing Post Processor Information
- (Post Editing is covered on a separate course if required)
BobCad Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.