BobCad – 3D Solid Model Turning (Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain)
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 attendees.
Cost of course is £600.00 + VAT per attendee.
BobCad is a CAD/CAM system that uses Geometry, DXF and Solid Model Imports to easily make ISO code programs used to manufacture components of basic and complex shapes. The use of BobCad can assist in minimising programming times on lathes, multi-tasking lathes andmill-turn centres.
At the Mills CNC Training Academy we offer 4 different BobCad courses – BobCad 2.5D Milling, BobCad 2.5D Turning, BobCad 3D Solid Milling and BobCad 3D Solid Turning.
Applicants must already be well versed in Engineering and able to read Drawings. Knowledge of ISO Programming and a good understanding of Mathematics would be advantageous.
The level of this course is higher than the 2.5D BobCad Turning course, therefore it is advised that the 2.5D BobCad Turning course is completed before attending this 3D Solid Turning course.
Specific course content includes:
- Importing Machine Models for Machine Simulation
- Importing Geometry using DXF Files
- Importing Solid/Surface Models
- Working with Solid/Surface Models to create Geometry/Curves and Features
- Stitching, Wrapping, Flow and other methods of modelling
- Sub Spindle Working and Introduction to Twin Turret
- Use of Wait Codes
- Using Rotating B Axis for Angled Drilling and Milling etc.
- Transform, Translate, Rotate, Scale, Reflect
- Post Processor Location and Editing Post Processor Information
- (Post Editing is covered on a separate course if required)
BobCad Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields