Maintenance Course for 5 axis Machining Centres with Heidenhain Controls
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 4 attendees.
Cost of course is £600.00 + VAT per attendee (at Leamington only).
This course is designed to follow on from the 3 axis maintenance course. Applicants must already have prior knowledge of 3 axis maintenance before proceeding on to the 5 axis maintenance course.
This is a practical course aimed at companies, including Mills CNC customers, who have Heidenhain-controlled Doosan 4/5-axis machining centres or similar Heidenhain-controlled machines manufactured by other machine tool builders.
The course will appeal to companies who have an in-house Machine Tool Maintenance or Service Department and need to increase the skill levels of their employees, thus enabling them to plan and undertake systematic trouble-shooting and preventative mechanical maintenance on Heidenhain-controlled machining centres.
To get the most from this course it is important that attendees have experience of a machine tool’s mechanical operation and the CNC control’s systems and functions.
Specific course content includes:
- Explanation of the Heidenhain Control system
- Introduction to the machining centre and its 4th and 5th Axis layout configuration
- Ball-screw accuracy, checking backlash and rectifying issues
- Undertaking axis realignment
- Using Kinematics to Find Rotation Centre of 4th and 5th Axis
- Understanding spindle assembly including through-tool coolant operation and mechanisms
- Hydraulic and pneumatic mechanisms
- Renishaw or Heidenhain Ball Bar Testing
- Operation, fault-finding and preventative maintenance
Safety Shoes and other P.P.E. Equipment is required.
Should you not have the appropriate Safety Shoes, training can not be given and no refund will be offered.
Heidenhain Mechanical Maintenance courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.