Twin Spindle, Twin Turret machine with upper rotating B Axis Programmer Course – Siemens Control including ShopTurn
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 attendees.
Cost of course is £900.00 + VAT per attendee.
This course is designed to follow on from the Siemens 4-axis Sub Spindle Course. The Course is arranged around a Doosan MX or SMX machine. Note: If only single spindle and single turret course is required, the cost is £600 + vat per attendee for 2 days
Using the Siemens’ ShopTurn function, along with ISO codes and Parametric functions, helps fast and efficient programming. The course consists of step-by-step instructions beginning with basic principles and gradually increasing in complexity. Specific descriptions and programmingexamples will also be covered in the course as well as showing both turrets working simultaneously. Subjects covered in the course include:
- Milling and drilling on angles
- Working both sides
- Balanced machining times
By the end of the course, you should be able to program components to a reasonable standard, thus achieving the full potential of your CNC Twin Spindle and Twin Turret turning centres.
Applicants should have a basic knowledge of Engineering and an understanding of component drawings would be advisable.
Specific course content includes:
- Explanation of G code groups, modal, non-modal and active at start
- G Codes –
- Group 7 – Tool nose compensation (G40, G41, G42)
- M functions for the spindles (Group 1)
- M functions for turret (Group 2)
- M functions for clamping (Group 3)
- M functions for the coolant valves (Group 4)
- M functions for the axes (Group 11) (mirror image etc)
- M functions for the handling system
- Explanation of Siemens cycles: Cycle82 – Drilling, Cycle84 – Rigid tapping, Cycle93 –
- Grooving, Cycle94 – Undercut, Cycle95 – Roughing, Cycle96 – Thread undercut, Cycle97 – Thread cutting
- Explanation and use of Wait marks
- Drilling and Milling
- Positioning of the spindles (SPOS, SPOSA etc),Machining planes (G17, G18, G19)
- G19 Ð C used as a circular axis
- G17 Ð Axial machining as a linear axis (Transmit, with and without Y axis)
- G18 Ð Radial machining (with Y axis)
- Write Example program
Safety Shoes and other P.P.E. Equipment are required.
Siemens Twin Spindle and Twin Turret/ShopTurn courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 3 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 4.30pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.30pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Doosan MX or SMX machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields