This is a standard course and attendees will need to have some knowledge and experience of Engineering.
It is designed for a 3- & 4-xis vertical or horizontal machining centre using a Siemens ShopMill Control.
Specific course content includes:
Introduction & General Layout of Machine
Operator, Keyboard & Soft-key Explanation
Axes Configuration. X, Y, Z & A or B
Library & Memory Configuration
Introduction to ShopMill
Start Program, Program Header Settings
Plane Selection, Work Offset, Tool Geometry Definitions
Safety Clearance and Retracts
Using ShopMill to include all the following:
- Profiling and Pocketing Cycles
- Drilling and Tapping Cycles, Hole Patterns
- Program section Repeats and Sub Program Calls
- Transformations (Datum Shift, Rotation and Mirror Image) in ShopMill
- Thread Milling, Engraving Cycle
- Contour Milling & Island/ Pocket Cycles
- Description of M codes relative to type of machine
- Arcs over 180¡ & Full Circles using I, J and K
- Explanation of A or B Axis
- Understanding Machine Kinematic's
- Safety clearance movements
- USB & Ethernet Connection for communication to machine
This course is run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy's facility in Leamington or can be held at a customer's facility (price to be adjusted accordingly).
This course is theoretical in nature using Touch Screen Simulators with Siemens Sinutrain Software.
If training is to occur at a customer's facility, it is important that attendees have a reasonable sized room with a projector & whiteboard facilities.
To find out more about this course call the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy on 01926 438363.
P.P.E. Equipment is not required for this course.
4-axis Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 4 days:
Light lunch and soft drinks are provided. For special dietary requirements please contact the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy on 01926 438363 or email email@example.com