2-axis Turning (X and Z axis) Programmer Course – Siemens Control including ShopTurn
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 10 attendees.
Cost of course is £750.00 + VAT per attendee.
Using the Siemens’ ShopTurn function, along with ISO codes, helps fast and efficient programming. The course consists of step-by-step instructions beginning with basic principles and gradually increasing in complexity. Specific descriptions and programming examples will also be covered in the course.
By the end of the course, you should be able to program components to a reasonable standard, thus achieving the full potential of your 2-axis CNC turning centres.
Applicants should have a basic knowledge of Engineering and an understanding of component drawings would be advisable.
Specific course content includes:
- Introduction and General Layout of Machine
- Operator, Keyboard and Soft-key Explanation
- Axes Configuration X and Z
- Modes e.g. T, S, M and MDA etcÉand Program Manager
- Tool List Creation and Editing and Work Offset Menus
- Create Shop Turn Program with Program Header
- Planning the Machining Process and Structure
- Contour Turning and Utilising ShopTurn
- Turning, Facing and Boring Cycles
- Hole Machining with Drilling, Tapping Cycles etc.
- Simulating and Troubleshooting Programs
- Grooving, Part Off, Threading Cycles
- Drilling, Tapping
- Set Marks, Repeats in Sub Routines
- Transformations Offset
- Description of M codes relative to type of Machine
- Examples Utilising the Above
- USB communication to machine
Safety Shoes and other P.P.E. Equipment is not required.
Siemens 2-axis/ShopTurn courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2.5 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 1.00pm
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields