3-axis Machining Centres with Fanuc Controls – Milling
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 – 10 attendees maximum.
Cost of course is £900.00 + VAT per attendee.
This is a standard three day course aimed at people wishing to acquire or improve their programming skills.
The course takes place in a classroom environment using Fanuc touch screen simulators and focuses on Programming a 3-axis machining centre.
To get the most from this course attendees must have some experience of machine tools (i.e. as either an operator or setter). Programming knowledge and experience is not essential, but familiarity with a CNC machine would be beneficial.
Specific course content includes:
- Introduction and general Layout of a 3-axis machining centre
- General safety and best-practice instruction
- Overview of codes used in programming – i.e. G Codes, M Codes
- Understanding CNC programs – structure and content
- Explanation of 1st and 2nd Reference Point returns G28 and G30
- Programming with absolute and incremental values
- Calling up tools with geometry and radius offsets
- Rapid traverse and other feed-rate commands i.e. mm/rev and mm/min.
- Creating simple programs using simulation – and how to edit them
- Using Canned Cycles G73~G89 and Rigid Tapping function
- Introduction to NC Guide with Fixed Forms etc.
- Using NC Guide Cycles i.e. facing, pocketing, contouring, hole Machining and engraving etc.
- Polar Command and Co-ordinate rotation. etc.
- Writing extended programs to also include sub programs and sub routines
Safety footwear and other PPE is NOT required for this course.
3-axis Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy and last for 3 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.