3-axis Machining Centres with Siemens Controls
Class size is between 6 – 10 attendees maximum.
Cost of course is £900.00 + VAT per attendee.
This is a standard course and attendees will need to have some knowledge and experience of Engineering.
It is designed for a 3-axis machining centre using a Siemens ShopMill Control.
Specific course content includes:
- Introduction and General Layout of Machine
- Operator, Keyboard and Soft-key Explanation
- Axes Configuration. X, Y, Z
- Library and Memory Configuration
- Introduction to ShopMill
- Start Program, Program Header Settings
- Plane Selection, Work Offset, Tool Geometry Definitions
- Safety Clearance and Retracts
- Using ShopMill to include all the following: – Profiling and Pocketing Cycles – Drilling and Tapping Cycles, Hole Patterns – Program section Repeats and Sub Program Calls – Transformations (Datum Shift, Rotation and Mirror Image) in ShopMill – Thread Milling, Engraving Cycle – Contour Milling and Island/ Pocket Cycles – Description of M codes relative to type of machine – USB and Ethernet Connection for communication to machine
P.P.E. Equipment is not required for this course.
3-axis Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 3 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields