4/5-axis Machining Centres with Heidenhain Controls
Class size is between 6 – 10 attendees maximum.
Cost of course is £1200.00 + VAT per attendee.
This is an advanced course aimed at people wishing to acquire or improve their programming skills.
The course takes place in a classroom environment using Heidenhain Programming Keyboards and focuses on a Heidenhain TNC controlled 3-axis machining centre.
To get the most from this course attendees must have some experience of machine tools (i.e. as either an operator or setter), programming knowledge and experience is not essential, but familiarity with a CNC machine would be beneficial.
- Specific course content includes:
- Introduction and general layout of machine
- Operator, keyboard and Soft Key explanation
- Axis configuration X, Y, Z, A, B or C Rotary Axis
- The control system description including: – Mode selection, screen layout and displays – Program management and file handling – Creating Program, Billet and ending Programs
- Tool Call and Tool Definitions
- Cycle Definitions, Facing, Drilling, Tapping etc.
- Patterns, Pockets and Boss Machining
- Rotation, Datum Shifts, Scaling and Contouring functions
- F Max and feed rate commands
- Incremental and Polar commands
- Helical interpolation
- Using Labels and Repeats
- Setting work and tool data
- Tilting Work Plane, Spatial, Relative etc.
- FK Programming upon request
- Parametric Programming ‘Q Defs’
- Kinematics Description and Setting
Safety footwear and other PPE is NOT required for this course.
4/5-axis Programmer courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 4 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 4: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields