Maintenance Course for CNC single-spindle Lathes with Fanuc Controls (Mechanical)
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 4 attendees.
Cost of course is £600.00 + VAT per attendee.
This is a practical course aimed at Mills CNC customers who have Fanuc-controlled Doosan single-single lathes or similar Fanuc-controlled single-spindle lathes manufactured by other machine tool builders.
The course will appeal to companies who have an in-house Machine Tool Maintenance or Service Department and need to increase the skill levels of their employees, thus enabling them to plan and undertake systematic trouble-shooting and preventative mechanical maintenance on Fanuc-controlled single-spindle lathes.
To get the most from this course it is important that attendees have experience of machine tools’ mechanical operation and CNC controls systems and functions.
Specific course content includes:
- Explanation of turret indexing mechanism
- Identification of components and their replacement -: spindle, bearing assembly etc.
- Position encoder replacement
- Alignment procedure for spindles and turret
- Grid shift and backlash adjustment
- Axes assembly – X, Z and (Y)
- Ballscrew gib alignment
- Motor and pulse coder replacement procedure
- Bearing replacement procedure
- Tool setter operation and calibration
- Touch sensor replacement
- Lubrication system
- Flow rate checking and flow unit replacement
- Preventive maintenance
- Wiper inspection
- Belt inspection and adjustment
- Oil level checking and cooling fan inspection.
Mechanical Maintenance courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Candidates are also required to bring their own safety shoes. Should you not have the appropriate safety wear, you will not be allowed to attend the course and a refund will NOT be given.
Safety glasses and other P.P.E. will be made available if required.
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields