Siemens ShopMill Conversational Course – Milling
To ensure a positive learning experience course size is limited to 6 attendees.
Cost of course is £600.00 + VAT per attendee.
Using the Siemens’ ShopMill function helps fast and efficient programming. The course consists of step-by-step instructions beginning with basic principles and gradually increasing in complexity. Specific descriptions and programming examples will also be covered in the course.
By the end of the course, you should be able to program components to a reasonable standard, thus achieving the full potential of your CNC machining centres.
Applicants should have a basic knowledge of Engineering and an understanding of component drawings would be advisable.
Specific course content includes:
- Introduction and General Layout of Machine, Keyboard and Soft-key Explanation
- Axes Configuration. X, Y, Z
- Machine Modes. e.g. T, S, M and MDA and Program Manager
- Introduction to Advantages of Shop Mill Conversational Programming
- Tool List Creation and Work Offset Menus
- Create Shop Mill Program, Program Headers
- Planning Machining Process and Structure of a ShopMill Program
- Path, Spigot, Face and Pocket Milling Cycles
- Centering, Drilling, Boring and Tapping Cycles using ShopMill
- Circumferential Slot Cycle
- Transformations (Datum Shift, Rotation and Mirror Image) in ShopMill
- How to Set Marks, Repeats in Sub Routines and Using Sub Programs
- Thread Milling, Radial Pocketing Cycles
- M codes relative to type of Machine
- Examples Utilising the Above
Safety Shoes and other P.P.E. Equipment is not required.
Siemens ShopMill courses run at the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy last for 2 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 4.00pm
Machine availability will be decided on the day.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.
"*" indicates required fields