2-axis Turning (X and Z axis) Programmer Course – Fanuc Control
Class size is between 6 – 10 attendees maximum.
Cost of course is £750.00 + VAT per attendee.
This is a standard turning course designed for people with minimal knowledge and experience of engineering but who want to acquire the necessary skills to program 2-axis lathes.
The course is aimed at operators and setters looking to acquire new and upgrade existing skills, and at adult learners with basic knowledge and experience of the machining process looking to make the step up to CNC Programming.
The course is suitable for customers with either Doosan 2-axis lathes or other manufacturers’ Fanuc controlled machines with a similar configuration.
Over the 2.5 days attendees will complete a number of integrated modules that include:
- Turning principles plus general machine layout and axis configuration (X and Z axes)
- Understanding cutting speeds and feeds
- Understanding different types of programming methods including sub programs and routines as well as Incremental and Absolute Programming
- Knowing how to create, edit and verify CNC Programs for 2-axis lathes
- Understanding and using the different programming codes and cycles that form CNC programs i.e. ISO, Manual Guide etc.
- Learning how to write Multi Rep and Canned cycles for Turning, Grooving, Drilling, Threading, Parting-Off etc.
- Understanding the use and application of cutting tools in a CNC Program
- Understanding work offsets i.e. G54 and G55
- Understanding and applying tool geometry and wear offsets
- Understanding cutter compensation G41 and G42
This course lasts for 2.5 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 1.00pm
In addition to this course the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy also runs other Fanuc Turning Programmer courses –
- 3-axis Turning;
- 4-axis Turning;
- 4-axis Turning with Sub Spindle;
- Twin Spindle/Twin Turret Turning;
- Twin Spindle/Twin Turret with B axis;
- Manual Guide Turning.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.