4-axis Turning (X, Z, C and Y axis) Programmer Course – Fanuc Control
Class size is between 6 – 10 attendees maximum.
Cost of course is £1200.00 + VAT per attendee.
This course is modular, with the first 2.5 days focusing on X and Z axis programming. One day focuses on C axis programming and the extra half day is devoted to Y axis programming.
It is possible to attend just the half day Y axis component of the course as long as attendees have already undertaken and completed the first 3.5 days (X axis, Z axis and C axis) at the Academy.
This is an advanced Fanuc turning course designed for people with some knowledge and experience of the machining process and CNC controls but who want to acquire the necessary skills to program 4-axis lathes.
The course is aimed at operators and setters looking to acquire new and upgrade existing skills, and at adult learners with knowledge and experience of the machining process looking to make the step up to CNC Programming.
The course is suitable for customers with either Doosan 4-axis lathes or other manufacturers’ Fanuc controlled machines with a similar configuration.
Over the 4 days attendees will complete a number of integrated modules that include:
- Turning principles plus general machine layout and axis configuration (X, Z, C and Y axes)
- Understanding cutting speeds and feeds
- Understanding different types of programming methods including sub programs and routines as well as Incremental and Absolute Programming
- Knowing how to create, edit and verify CNC Programs for 4-axis lathes
- Understanding and using the different programming codes and cycles that form CNC programs i.e. ISO, Manual Guide etc.
- Learning how to write Multi Rep and Canned cycles for Turning, Grooving, Drilling, Threading, Parting-Off etc.
- Understanding the use and application of cutting tools in a CNC Program
- Understanding work offsets i.e. G54 and G55
- Applying tool geometry and wear offsets
- Using cutter compensation G41 and G42
- Using G83~G85 Cycles for C and Y axis Drilling, Tapping and Reaming on Face
- Using G87~G89 Cycles for C and Y axis Drilling, Tapping and Reaming on Side
- Rigid Tapping Function on Face and Side
- Understanding G12.1 and G13.1 polar coordinate interpolation
- Understanding G7.1 cylindrical interpolation
- C axis profiling
- Y axis Milling on Front Face and Side Machining off Centre Line
- Plane Selection G17, G18 and G19
- Helical Interpolation on Z Front Face and X Side Cross Plane.
- Hobbing and Gear Cutting Function
This course lasts for 4 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 4: Start: 9.00am – Finish: 5.00pm
In addition to this course the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy also runs other Fanuc Turning Programmer courses –
- 2-axis Turning;
- 3-axis Turning;
- 4-axis Turning with Sub Spindle;
- Twin Spindle/Twin Turret Turning;
- Twin Spindle/Twin Turret with B axis;
- Manual Guide Turning.
Enquire about this Training course
If you'd like more details about any of our training courses, including dates and availability, give us a call on 01926 438 363 or fill out the form to get in touch.