This is an advanced Fanuc turning course designed for people with some knowledge and experience of the machining process and CNC controls but who want to acquire the necessary skills to program 4-axis lathes with Sub Spindle capability.
The course is aimed at operators and setters looking to acquire new and upgrade existing skills, and at adult learners with knowledge and experience of the machining process looking to make the step up to CNC Programming.
The course is suitable for customers with either Doosan 4-axis Sub Spindle lathes or other manufacturers' Fanuc controlled machines with a similar configuration.
If you are unsure about the suitability of the course please contact the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy on 01926 438363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the 5 days attendees will complete a number of integrated modules that include:
- Turning principles plus general machine layout and axis configuration (X, Z, C, Y and Sub Spindle)
- Understanding cutting speeds and feeds
- Understanding different types of programming methods including sub programs and routines as well as Incremental and Absolute Programming
- Knowing how to create, edit and verify CNC Programs for 4-axis lathes
- Understanding and using the different programming codes and cycles that form CNC programs i.e. ISO, Manual Guide etc.
- Learning how to write cycles/canned cycles for Turning, Grooving, Drilling, Threading, Parting-Off etc.
- Understanding the use and application of cutting tools in a CNC Program
- Applying tool geometry and wear offsets
- Using cutter compensation G41 and G42
- Using G83~G85 Cycles for C & Y Axis Drilling, Tapping & Reaming on Face
- Using G87~G89 Cycles for C & Y Axis Drilling, Tapping & Reaming on Side
- Rigid Tapping Function on Face & Side
- Understanding G12.1 and G13.1 polar coordinate interpolation
- Understanding G7.1 cylindrical interpolation
- C axis profiling
- Y axis Milling on Front Face & Side Machining off Centre Line
- Plane Selection G17 , G18 & G19
- Helical Interpolation on Z Front Face and X Side Cross Plane
- Hobbing & Gear Cutting Function
- Simultaneous Machining
- Pass Over Procedure with Orientation & Bar Feed
- Using Sub Spindle as Tailstock Support
- Synchronous Turning & Milling
This course is popular and is in demand. It is scheduled to run a number of times during 2019.
To book your place online please refer to and follow the booking instructions.
To pay for your course please refer to the Payment Options page of this website.
This course lasts for 5 days:
- Day 1: Start: 9.30am - Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 2: Start: 9.00am - Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 3: Start: 9.00am - Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 4: Start: 9.00am - Finish: 5.00pm
- Day 5: Start: 9.00am - Finish: 1.30pm (Approx.)
Light lunch and soft drinks are provided. For special dietary requirements please contact the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy on 01926 438363 or email email@example.com
In addition to this course the Mills Mills CNC Training Academy also runs other Fanuc Turning Programmer courses -
- 2-axis Turning;
- 3-axis Turning;
- 4-axis Turning;
- Twin Spindle/Twin Turret Turning;
- Twin Spindle/Twin Turret with B axis;
- Manual Guide Turning.